Cabin & Building Rental

Attention: Guest must furnish all bed linens, pillows, towels, soap, toilet tissue and paper towels.

Maximum of 3 cars will be allowed to park at each one of the rental cabins.

Click Here for Rental policy

Nelson House

Two bedrooms with a full bed in each,1 queen size sleeper sofa, one and one-half baths, screen porch. Sleeps six (6).

  $90.00 per night *


Charles Jefferson Stewart House

Contains two bedrooms with one full bed in one bedroom and one full bed along with a twin bed in the other, one bath. Sleeps five (5).

  $90.00 per night *


Nail House

Two bedrooms with a full bed in each. Sleeps four (4).

  $80.00 per night *


Belcher House

The bathroom and the sleeping area with one full bed and two twin beds are upstairs. Sleeps four (4).

  $80.00 per night*


Peel House

One larger bedroom with two full beds. Sleeps four (4).

  $90.00 per night *


Williams House

Two bedrooms with a full bed in each and two single roll away beds the living rooms. Sleeps six (6).

  $90.00 per night *


Woodward Iron Co.
Post Office

1 bedroom premium cabin with 1 queen bed, sleeps two (2).

  $90.00 per night *


Old Country Church

Available to rent for weddings.

  Click here for more information on the Church


Cane Creek School

Available to rent for meetings and receptions

  Click here for more information on the School


Fowler House

Available for smaller receptions, meetings, receptions and special occasions. Close to the Playground, fireplace, indoor and outdoor seating.

  $75.00 per day

*The basic rate covers maximum number of people indicated by each cabin description. The maximum number of people allowed to stay overnight is shown in each cabins discription by the number next to "Sleeps".
Two (2) nights minimum stay on weekends.


PETS: Pets are not Permitted in the cabins. A pet, or evidence of a pet, will result in forfeiture of rent and being asked to leave. There is a boarding kennel approximately seven (7) miles from the park.


CHECK-IN: After 3 P.M.

CHECK-OUT: 11:00 A.M

DEPOSIT: A deposit of one nights rental is required by a designated deadline. If the deposit is not received by that date, the reservation will not be held. MasterCard and VISA accepted.


KEY DEPOSIT: At check-in there is a $5.00 key deposit that is refundable when the key is returned.


CANCELLATION POLICY: A $10.00 service fee is assessed on any cancellation or date change. You must cancel 14 days before the reservation date to receive a refund less the $10.00 service fee. However, if you cancel less than 14 days before the reservation date your deposit will be forfeited.


RESERVATIONS: Call the Park Office at 205-477-5711 Monday thru Friday 8 A.M. UNTIL 4 P.M. Reservations are handled on a first come first serve basis.


VISA and MASTER CARD ACCEPTED.


Top of Page


Cabins at Tannehill

The park has 6 rental cabins. 5 are rustic log cabins from the 1800s that have been moved into the park and restored. The Nelson House is a trailer that has been converted to a cabin. All the cabins have a furnished kitchen, living room with a fireplace, bathroom, heat and air-conditioning. One rack of firewood is furnished per stay Labor Day until Memorial Day. Additional firewood may be purchased at the Country Store. There are no TVs, radios or telephones in the cabins. Cabins are intended for overnight use only. Rental for parties or entertainment purposes is prohibited.

Nelson House

Nelson House

The Nelson House is a former residence of park manager Ed Nelson who lived there until 1990. It has since been converted into a park rental cabin. Built around a trailer, this unit is comfortable and up to date and features a large living room fire place and screened porch.

Stewart House

Charles Jefferson Stewart House

The Charles Jefferson Stewart Cabin, built in 1858, is a pioneer farm house relocated from near Abercrombie in Bibb County. A unique “dog trot” cabin, 13 children were born in this house. It was moved into the park and restored in 1986.

Nail House

Nail House

The Nail Cabin, built in 1860 near Mount Olive in Jefferson County, was moved into the park in 1984. It was the residence of a Union soldier.

Belcher House

Belcher House

The Belcher Cabin, built in 1870 about eight miles west of Centreville in Bibb County, was moved into the park in 1983.

Peel House

Peel House

The Peel Cabin, which dates to 1890, was originally located in Shelby County. It was moved into the park in 1985.

Williams House

Williams House

The Williams Cabin, located near the gristmill, dates to 1889. It was moved into the park in 1974 along with various farm buildings and barns from the Williams Farm in Bibb County.

woodward post office

Woodward Iron Co. Post Office

This 1914 post office from the Woodward Iron Co.has been recently restored and has been converted into a rental cabin which is now available for rental.

Building Rental

Tannehill State Park has a unique collection of late 18th and early 19th Century buildings used for a variety of purposes including educational functions, weddings, civic meetings and family reunions. To reserve one for your event or to inquire about rental information, call the park office at 205- 477-5711



coutry church

Old Country Church

The Tannehill Country Church was built in 1905 and served as the Kimbrell Methodist Church on Eastern Valley Road until the late 1950s. It sat idle for about 15 years and then was donated and moved to the park. The church is a one-room building with one center aisle and pews on each side. It will seat approximately 100 people.


Click here for more information on the Church

cane creek school

Cane Creek School

The Cane Creek School was built in 1923 and moved from Warrior to Tannehill in 1981. It has two large rooms, one with old school desks that can be moved within the room and the other is an open room with one twelve foot long “permanent” table and three short pews against the walls.


Click here for more information on the School

fowler house

Fowler House

The Fowler House, built in 1860 and re-located from near West Blocton, has been converted into an old school house of the Civil War era and is a part of the Tannehill Learning Center. Featuring “old timey” school desks, it is an excellent place for small meetings and reunions. It was brought into the park in 1978.